I’d Rather Have A Root Canal (10 Things Worse Than A Root Canal)
Yesterday, I had my first root canal. I’ve heard mixed things about this whole procedure. We’ll see how my recovery goes, but so far it hasn’t been as bad as I might have expected. It’s amazing what they can do with some Novocaine and a bunch of drills.
As a fun way to commemorate my first root canal experience, I thought it would be “fun” to list a few things that are worse than having a root canal procedure.
Here’s my Top 10 list of “fun” things worse than having a root canal:
- Going shopping at the mall on Black Friday – I made it to a grocery store and the Goodwill store this Black Friday. I can’t imagine subjecting myself to the swarms of mad shoppers looking for deals and big televisions and socks.
- Colonoscopy – I haven’t had one yet, but it doesn’t sound like fun.
- Sit through another round of negative presidential campaign advertisements – Don’t get me wrong here. I’m thankful for the right and privilege to vote, and I’m glad we get to select a new president or re-elect a president every four years, but the negative campaign ads drive me nuts.
- Cleaning up dog diarrhea all over the living room carpet – Yep. I’ve done this before. Trust me it was not fun.
- Throwing up – I don’t like to throw up. Cleaning up someone’s puke is also not high on my list.
- Listening to John Madden – Okay, so I’m exaggerating a bit here, but you have to admit. His announcing skills could use some refining.
- Sitting through a Roger & Me movie marathon – I watched Roger & Me with some buddies when I was in high school. Was it just me or was this a dumb movie for teenagers to be watching on a free Friday night?
- Migraine headaches – I’ve had more than my fair share of migraines this past year. It’s been getting better, but I still can’t stand them.
- Watching the Yankees win another World Series – This one’s for my buddy, Dan Reischel. I’m sorry, but I’m tired of seeing the Yankees win. Let’s go Phillies!
- Paying for a root canal – I don’t know how much the crown will cost yet, but the root canal procedure itself wasn’t cheap (even after insurance).
What do you think? Have you ever had a root canal? What would you add to the list?
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4