Join the Stretched Community
All-Time Popular Posts
2010 was a pretty tough year for me. I’m just being honest. There were many unexpected bumps, bruises, and blockades. Despite all the downs, disappointments, and detours, I can also honestly say that I’m thankful for 2010. Here are some of my highlights from this past year (in no particular order):
– We now have a teenager as our daughter turned 13 in November.
– We had a wonderful unexpected vacation with our immediate family to the green state of Vermont. This will clearly sit as one of the best memories of our year.
– We had a visit from my folks all the way from Texas. I so much appreciated their visit, and I know now that the timing couldn’t have been better.
– My job has been great. I love what I’m doing at Siemens (most days), and I’m extremely thankful for the people I get to rub shoulders with everyday. It has truly been a blessing to have a job that I love. (This week, I will be celebrating my 15th anniversary with the company – hard to believe.)
– I am blessed with such a wonderful wife. This year has brought us more than our fair share of challenges, but I’m convinced that we have grown tremendously despite the struggles of this past year.
– I am blessed with fabulous kids. Our daughter is such a wonderful example of kindness and thoughtfulness. She is super smart. And she has a great group of friends. Our son is so talented. He loves music. He enjoys hoops and scouts, and he is so caring. Both our kids made a huge step this summer when they made the decision to follow Christ and be baptized. There is no greater joy for a dad then to see your kids make this decision. (I’m grinning from ear to ear as I type this.)
– I have been blown away by the support that we have experienced from our church family, friends, and family in the wake of our challenges this year. My words cannot fully describe my gratitude and awe for the support we have received.
– I have experienced growth especially in my faith this year. I never would have wished for some of the things that happened in our family this year, but I can honestly say that I’m thankful for how these events and challenges have cemented my faith.
I’m happy to see 2010 in the rear view mirror, but I’m also thankful for a year that brought so many blessings. Having said this, I am looking forward to a new start as we enter 2011 (I’ll share more thoughts on the upcoming year in a future post).
Happy New Year!