Ice Breaker – Bucket List
Each week on The Stretched Blog, I ask an ice breaker question. The questions are designed to help us get to know each other here in The Stretched Community. I’ll provide my answer to the question here in the post, and then you can leave your response in the comments. While you’re in the comments section, see how others answered the ice breaker question.
(I’m always looking for Ice Breaker question ideas. If you have an idea, send me an email at email@example.com. If I use your question, I’ll give you credit and share your links.)
This week, our family said goodbye to my Grandma. In 94 years, she saw and did a lot of amazing things. I don’t know if she had a bucket list. Based on what I know, she was ready to leave this life. She was satisfied with what she had seen and accomplished during her lifetime. My Grandma’s passing was a reminder how quickly life passes. This week’s Ice Breaker question is inspired by this reminder.
Question: What is something on your bucket list? And what are you going to do to cross it off your list?
My Answer: I don’t have an official bucket list, but there are many things I’d like to see, experience, or accomplish before I “kick the bucket”.
- I’d like to build 100 houses in Guatemala.
- I’d like to write another book.
- I’d like to be completely debt free including my house.
- I’d like to celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary (and 60th, and…).
- I’d like to visit Sweden in late June.
And this is just off the top of my head. In order to cross these items off my list, here are some of the things I’m doing:
- I’ve built three so far, and I’m planning future trips to Guatemala to build the other 97 houses.
- I’m writing content for the book every week. I’m working on a few ways to build my e-mail list in order to make my book project more attractive to a book publisher.
- I’m living debt free besides the house. My wife and I are getting together weekly to go over our budget. And we’re planning ahead to reduce our mortgage significantly in the next four years.
- My wife and I are practicing a weekly date night. We plan to get away at least two times a year just the two of us. I’m exercising five to six times a week to keep myself in decent shape to make it to this milestone.
- I’m not sure about the Sweden thing yet, but we’ll have to start working on plan for this one.
As I think about this above list, I’m reminded of a verse from Proverbs:
In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9
Answer this week’s ice breaker question by leaving a comment. I look forward to reading your response! (As always, feel free to share links.) And keep Stretching!