Wrecked Creative Expressions
When I was in Guatemala last month, we had evening worship every night up on the roof of the compound where we stayed. Each night, the Adventures in Missions team would lead us in some form of creative expression. Typically, this time revolved around prayer. One night, we were each handed a piece of construction paper and some markers. We were then instructed to be creative in writing down or drawing how we felt God was speaking to us at that particular moment.
As you can see, part of it is cut off and some of it was blurred. Here’s a recap of what I wrote on this paper.
- Getting out of my comfort zone was so worth it!
- I have one life. I want to make it count.
- Never ever forget today.
- Don’t underestimate the power of one to make a difference.
- Let my heart break for the things that break the heart of God.
- Don’t strive to be comfortable. Strive to be disturbed.
- Stop. Listen. Be still. Fight distraction.
- Pursue wreckage and strive for a life of meaning.
- You are never too old or too young to make a difference.
7-29-2012 (This was the day that our team finished the house.)
These thoughts still apply today.
How is God speaking to you these days? What’s making you uncomfortable?