Each week on The Stretched Blog, we ask an ice breaker question. The questions are designed to help us get to know each other here in The Stretched Community. I’ll provide my answer to the question here in the post, and then you can leave your response in the comments. While you’re in the comments section, see how others answered the ice breaker question.
This week’s question is designed to get you in the holiday spirit. The Christmas movies are starting to show up on television. It’s time to schedule time to watch your favorite movies. Today’s Ice Breaker will get you thinking, so you can properly prepare. Have fun!
Question: Name your top 5 Christmas movies.
My Answer: I’m sure I could come up with more than 5, but I have to start somewhere. Here you go:
(1) It’s A Wonderful Life – What can I say? This is my favorite Christmas movie by far. I’ve always enjoyed watching this movie on Christmas Eve. There’s something about being reminded every year that I have a wonderful life.
(2) A Christmas Story – Many of us could probably recite the lines from this movie. Believe it or not, I looked like Ralphie from that movie when I was a young kid.
(3) Christmas Vacation – If you need a good laugh during the holidays, this is a great place to turn.
(4) Polar Express – The animation, the music, and the story make this one of my favorites. You gotta’ believe!
(5) Christmas With The Kranks – This is one of our families favorites based on Skipping Christmas by John Grisham. (If you get a chance, read the book. It’s a great book!) I love the ending of this movie when the community unites together to help the Kranks.
Honorable Mention: Elf, Home Alone, The Santa Clause, and The Muppets Christmas Carol
There you have it – my answer. Now, it’s your turn. Answer this week’s ice breaker question by leaving a comment. I look forward to reading your response!